The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
The Project Engineer performs basic technical and project management duties under the supervision of a Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager. Understands and identifies project requirements and performs independent technical work on basic tasks within one’s own discipline. Provides guidance to Designers on completion of duties.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Possesses advanced knowledge of engineering practices within own discipline and basic knowledge of practices and principles of other disciplines.
- Able to conceptualize basic building systems within own discipline in entirety including interactions with varied disparate components.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of nomenclature, design techniques, materials, details, system components, construction techniques, related engineering systems, and building codes.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, specifications, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Proficient in applicable software (i.e. CAD and Revit).
- Strong communicator who effectively conveys scope and coordination items to clients, vendors, and co-workers.
- Adept at writing comprehensive reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Displays effective organization and time management skills with projects, reports and other duties; effectively manages multiple priorities and is punctual and dependable.
Education and Experience
- Accredited engineering degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 4 years related industry experience preferred.
- Registered professional engineer (PE) license or other professional certification based on area of expertise preferred.