At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Senior Fire Protection Consultant for our New York, NY office. Other locations considered include Arlington VA, Charlotte NC and Columbia, MD. This search is for a dynamic and experienced FPE and will play a crucial role within our group.
This position will be responsible for providing technical expertise, and guidance as a mentor to ensure the highest quality of fire protection and life safety solutions. The successful candidate will lead the development and execution of fire protection and life safety strategies, foster a culture of technical excellence, drive innovation, and uphold our high standard of care, particularly in the context of building and fire code consulting.
- Oversee the design and implementation of state-of-the-art fire protection and life safety systems.
- Provide expert technical guidance and solutions to ensure compliance with industry standards, building codes, and regulations.
- Drive continuous improvement in design methodologies and technological advancements to enhance the quality of
- fire protection and life safety solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the areas of building and fire codes, fire alarm and sprinkler design, and the industry standard of care.
Building Code Consulting
- Lead building code consulting efforts, providing expert guidance to clients and project teams to ensure compliance with local, state, and national building codes and regulations.
- Stay current with evolving building codes and contribute to the development of company-wide strategies for code compliance.
- Experience with a wide range of complex projects and occupancy types (high-rise buildings, large campus arrangements, mixed use developments, healthcare facilities, governmental facilities, etc.)
- Collaborate with project managers and cross-functional teams to ensure the highest quality of fire protection and life safety solutions for a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Review and approve project designs, calculations, and documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry best practices, codes, regulations, and emerging trends in fire protection and life safety engineering.
- Ensure that the fire protection and life safety practice consistently meets and exceeds the established standard of care for all projects.
Contribute to the overall business development of the company.