At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Associate Consultant - Fire & Life Safety Engineer for our New York, NY office. Other locations considered include Arlington, VA; Charlotte, NC; and Columbia, MD. This search is for a dynamic engineer looking for an opportunity to be involved with a vast range of fire protection and life safety challenges, and a place to learn and grow into a leader within our organization.
This position will be responsible for providing technical assistance with due diligence, design, development, testing, and inspecting of fire and life safety systems on building projects in the public and private sector. Tasks may include assisting with the research, design, concept development, planning, and optimal coordination of automatic sprinkler, fire alarm, mass notification systems, smoke control, egress analysis, and building and fire code analysis review and compliance. The successful candidate will assist the development and execution of fire protection and life safety strategies, foster a culture of technical excellence, participate with innovation, and uphold our high standard of care, particularly in the context of building and fire code consulting.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's in Fire Protection Engineering or related discipline; or equivalent working experience in the fire protection industry.
- 1 to 3 years of fire protection and life safety consulting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Certification/Designation as an Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Knowledge of REVIT and AutoCAD.
Experience in fire protection engineering design applications.